Find your local Medicaid, Food Stamp & Welfare Office here!

How can I get Medicaid coverage for my children?

If you’re enrolled in Medicaid when your baby is born, your child is automatically eligible for Medicaid until your child’s first birthday. This means you don’t have to file a separate application for your new baby. He or she should be automatically enrolled after birth.

All states provide coverage for children through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). In fact, your children are likely to be eligible for coverage if your income is up to about $45,000 per year (for a family of four).

To learn more about coverage for children and other options available to you, use the insurance and coverage finder or visit

4 Responses to How can I get Medicaid coverage for my children?

  1. My child has a chronic illness is there a way I can get just her coverage?
    My husband is getting laid off this week. What can I do to get her just medicaid, she has chronic pancreatitis. I can have her dr and nurse to get reference for you. I also can have them fax the info: out for her,as I said. Her medication cost a lot of money because she has to take creon to eat and there is no way with none of us has a job. So therefore I need help please contact me at 281-352-3461 please let me know what forms I need to fill out and where I need to go to get these forms.

    -Stacy Ann Sonnier

State Medicaid – Food Stamp Office Locations

Alabama   Alaska   Arizona   Arkansas   California   Colorado   Connecticut   Delaware   Florida   Georgia   Hawaii   Idaho   Illinois  Indiana   Iowa   Kansas   Kentucky   Louisiana  Maine   Maryland   Massachusetts   Michigan   Minnesota   Mississippi   Missouri   Montana   Nebraska   Nevada   New Hampshire  New Jersey   New Mexico   New York   North Carolina   North Dakota   Ohio   Oklahoma   Oregon   Pennsylvania   Rhode  Island   South  Carolina  South Dakota   Tennessee   Texas   Utah   Vermont   Virginia   Washington  West  Virginia   Wisconsin   Wyoming