How to report someone that is getting benefits that should not be getting benefits?

A) To report someone who is receiving social service benefits they are not eligible for, you can contact the government agency responsible for administering those benefits. Depending on the type of benefit and the location, this could be a state or federal agency.

For example, if you suspect someone is receiving welfare (e.g. TANF or SNAP) benefits fraudulently, you can contact the state Department of Health and Human Services where the person lives.

You can also report fraud to the Office of the Inspector General for the agency that is providing the benefits. This office is responsible for investigating fraud, waste, and abuse within the agency.

You can also use the online form provided by the government agency.

It’s important to note that you should only report fraud if you have evidence to support your claim, and providing false information is a crime.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.