State Online Application for Medicaid, Food Stamp or Cash
Some State Medicaid/Social Service offices now provide an online application form to apply for Medicaid, Food Stamp or Cash Assistance benefits. Please click on the links provided to locate your State application for Medicaid Food Stamp or Cash Assistance benefits.
Some state Medicaid websites may also provide a download application or a requirement to apply at your local medicaid/social service office. Keep in mind, before you file it is always best to check with your State Medicaid/Social Service office to determine the best way to apply for benefits.
Typical information needed for your online medicaid benefits application:
- Social Security number – If you do not have a number, you need to show proof that you have applied for one.
- Proof of citizenship – A birth certificate is usually enough.
- Proof of identity: You can use a driver’s license, a federal, state or local government, or military ID card.
- Proof of pregnancy – If you are pregnant, you must show proof that you are pregnant. You must also show the date the baby is due.
- Proof of income – You must show your earned and unearned (gross) income. You can show “earned income” with your pay check stubs for the past month. This could also be child support or unemployment compensation benefits. If you are self-employed, you should show a copy ofof your last year’s income tax return.
When filling out your online application for Medicaid Benefits be careful to provide all the required information needed in order for your claim to be speedily processed. A fully completed application form will help to speed the process of your medicaid application.