Q) I need to make a appointment to enroll my mother into Medicaid She is bedridden with dementia I need help please Thank You Dale
A) You can follow these steps to enroll your mother in California Medicaid (Medi-Cal):
- Check if your mother is eligible for Medi-Cal by visiting the California Department of Health Care Services website or calling the Medi-Cal Eligibility toll-free number at 1-800-300-1506.
- Locate your nearest Medi-Cal office by searching online or calling the Medi-Cal office in your county.
- Schedule an appointment with a Medi-Cal representative by calling the office or visiting in person.
- Gather all necessary documentation, including your mother’s proof of citizenship and income, and bring them to the appointment.
- During the appointment, the Medi-Cal representative will help you fill out the Medi-Cal application and answer any questions you may have.
- After the appointment, the Medi-Cal office will process the application and determine your mother’s eligibility for the program.
- Once approved, you will receive a Medi-Cal card for your mother, which she can use to receive medical services.
Note: If your mother is unable to attend the appointment, you can act as her authorized representative and bring the required documentation on her behalf.