I am a student at BYU I and I need to apply for food stamps

Q) I am a student at BYU I and I need to apply for food stamps but I am unaware of how to do so? I was told I could give my mother permission to talk to the caseworker in my behalf as long as I gave my consent. Could you please tell me how I do that? Thank you so much

A) To apply for food stamps (also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP), you can start by visiting the website for your state’s Department of Health and Human Services or Department of Social Services. There you will find information about the eligibility requirements and how to apply for the program.

If you would like to give your mother permission to speak on your behalf, you can write a letter of authorization that grants her the authority to communicate with the caseworker and access information about your application. The letter should include your name, address, and signature, as well as your mother’s name and relationship to you.

It’s also a good idea to check with the state agency to see if they have any specific requirements or forms for granting authorization to a third party.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.