A) There are a few ways your son can sign up for Kentucky Medicaid. He can:
- Apply in person at a Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) office. You can find the address of the nearest DCBS office on the DCBS website.
- Apply by phone by calling the DCBS Call Center at 1-855-306-8959.
- Apply online through the kynect website.
- Apply with the help of a kynector. A kynector is a trained volunteer who can help you apply for Medicaid and other public benefits. You can find a kynector near you on the kynect website.
When applying for Medicaid, your son will need to provide some basic information, such as his name, address, date of birth, and income. He may also need to provide documentation to prove his eligibility, such as proof of income, proof of citizenship or legal residency, and proof of disability.
The application process for Medicaid can take a few weeks. Once your son is approved, he will be able to start using his benefits right away.
Here are some additional resources that may be helpful:
- How to Apply for Medicaid in Kentucky: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dms/member/Pages/Apply.aspx
- kynect: https://kynect.ky.gov/benefits/s/?language=en_US
- Department for Community Based Services: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dms/Pages/default.aspx