Q) I Live in New Hampshire but am moving to Kansas in the summer of 2014. I currently have Medicare and a Medicaid spend down. Is it OK to apply to Kansas Medicaid ahead of time so that there is no gap in coverage assuming I am eligible.
A) Yes, you can apply for Kansas Medicaid ahead of time. You can apply online or by mail. To apply online, you will need to create an account on the Kansas Medicaid website. To apply by mail, you will need to download and print an application form. You can find the application form on the Kansas Medicaid website.
When you apply for Kansas Medicaid, you will need to provide some basic information about yourself, such as your name, date of birth, and Social Security number. You will also need to provide information about your income and assets.
Once you have submitted your application, Kansas Medicaid will review your application and determine if you are eligible for benefits. If you are eligible, Kansas Medicaid will send you a letter informing you of your eligibility and benefits.
Here are some things to keep in mind when applying for Kansas Medicaid:
- You can apply for Kansas Medicaid up to 30 days before you move to Kansas.
- You must be a resident of Kansas to be eligible for Kansas Medicaid.
- You must meet certain income and asset requirements to be eligible for Kansas Medicaid.
- You may be asked to provide documentation to support your income and asset information.
If you have any questions about applying for Kansas Medicaid, you should contact your local Kansas Medicaid office.
Here are the contact details for the Kansas Medicaid office:
- Phone: 1-800-792-4884
- Website: https://www.kancare.ks.gov/consumers/apply-for-kancare