Q) How can I find out if I was approved or not for Medicaid?
A) There are a few ways to find out if you were approved for Medicaid.
- Check your mail. You should receive a letter from your state Medicaid agency within 45 days of applying. The letter will tell you if you were approved, denied, or if your application is still pending.
- Log in to your state Medicaid website. Most states have a website where you can check your application status online.
- Call your state Medicaid agency. You can call your state Medicaid agency to check on the status of your application.
If you have any questions about your Medicaid application, you should contact your state Medicaid agency.
Here are some additional tips for checking your Medicaid application status:
- Be sure to check the correct address. If you moved recently, make sure to update your address with your state Medicaid agency.
- Be patient. It can take several weeks for your application to be processed.
- Be persistent. If you don’t receive a letter or can’t find your application status online, don’t hesitate to call your state Medicaid agency.