A) There is no specific link for a dentist to refer a Colorado Medicaid recipient for dentures. Instead, dentists should contact DentaQuest, Colorado’s Medicaid dental contractor, directly to request a referral. DentaQuest can be reached at 1-855-225-1731.
The exact link for a dentist to refer a Colorado Medicaid recipient for dentures may vary depending on the specific Medicaid program and the dental provider’s location.
However, a good starting point would be to visit the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing’s website at https://www.colorado.gov/hcpf and look for the dental section. This site should have information about Medicaid dental benefits in Colorado, including how to refer patients for dentures.
Here are the steps on how to request a referral for dentures from DentaQuest:
- Call DentaQuest at 1-855-225-1731.
- Provide the DentaQuest representative with the patient’s name, date of birth, and Medicaid ID number.
- Explain that you are requesting a referral for dentures.
- The DentaQuest representative will provide you with a referral number.
- Write the referral number on the patient’s dental chart.
- Schedule the patient for an appointment with a dentist who is in DentaQuest’s network.
- When the patient is seen by the dentist, the dentist will submit the referral to DentaQuest for approval.
Once the referral is approved, the patient will be able to receive dentures at no cost to them.
Alternatively, the dental provider could contact the Colorado Medicaid Provider Services Call Center at 1-844-235-2387 for assistance in referring a patient for dentures or other dental services covered by Colorado Medicaid.