Q) My question is. How and where to apply for medical cost reimbursement on my daughter who has just been granted SSI. I have incurred a high medical bill, can I recover some monies?? Thank You for your support.
A) You can apply for medical cost reimbursement through the Social Security Administration (SSA). The SSA will review your medical expenses and determine if you are eligible for reimbursement.
To apply for medical cost reimbursement, you will need to complete Form SSA-1634, Application for Reimbursement of Medical Expenses. You can find this form on the SSA website.
You will need to provide the following information when you apply for medical cost reimbursement:
- Your name, address, and Social Security number
- Your daughter’s name, date of birth, and Social Security number
- The date and amount of each medical expense
- The name and address of the provider of each medical service
- Proof of payment for each medical expense
The SSA will review your application and determine if you are eligible for reimbursement. If you are eligible, the SSA will send you a check for the amount of your medical expenses.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about medical cost reimbursement:
- You can only apply for medical cost reimbursement if your daughter is receiving SSI benefits.
- You must apply for medical cost reimbursement within 3 years of the date of the medical expense.
- The SSA may only reimburse you for medical expenses that were not covered by your daughter’s health insurance.
If you have any questions about medical cost reimbursement, you should contact your local SSA office.