Q) How do I contact Medicaid about cancelling other private insurance previously before receiving Medicaid benefits?
A) You can contact Medicaid about cancelling other private insurance previously before receiving Medicaid benefits by calling your state’s Medicaid office. You can also find the contact information for your state’s Medicaid office on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website.
Here are the contact details for the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS):
- Phone: 1-800-352-4023
- Website: https://www.azahcccs.gov/
When you call, be sure to have the following information ready:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number
- The name of your private insurance company
- The policy number for your private insurance
- The date you want to cancel your private insurance
The Medicaid representative will be able to help you cancel your private insurance and enroll in Medicaid.
Here are some additional tips for cancelling your private insurance:
- Be sure to cancel your private insurance at least 14 days before you want your coverage to end.
- Get a confirmation number from the insurance company when you cancel your coverage.
- Keep a copy of the cancellation letter from the insurance company.
- If you have any questions about cancelling your private insurance, you can contact your insurance company directly.