How do I file for snap. And cash assistance I was out of job since Aug 26 2022 

A) In Pennsylvania, you can apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and cash assistance through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS).

Here’s how you can apply:

  1. Online: You can apply for benefits online through the COMPASS website:
  2. By Mail: You can download an application from the DHS website, complete it, and mail it to your local county assistance office.
  3. In-Person: You can apply in person at your local county assistance office. You can find the office nearest to you by using the DHS office locator tool: or calling the DHS helpline at (800) 692-7462.

When you apply, you’ll need to provide information about your household size, income, expenses, and other relevant information. It’s recommended to gather all of the necessary documentation before applying to ensure a smoother application process.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.