Find your local Medicaid, Food Stamp & Welfare Office here!

Can I get help paying my medicare premium and my supplement policy?

Q) I am receiving medicaid at this time but will soon be losing it because I received 23,000 from the sale of my mothers home when she passed away. I only receive 658.00 in social security and live with my daughter. Is there anyway I can get help paying my medicare premium and my supplement policy?

A) People with limited income may also be eligible for Extra Help paying for the costs–monthly premiums, annual deductibles, and prescription co-payments–related to a Medicare prescription drug plan.

When you file your application for Extra Help, you can also start your application process for the Medicare Savings Programs-State programs that provide help with other Medicare costs. Social Security will send information to your State unless you tell us not to on the Extra Help application. Your State will contact you to help you apply for a Medicare Savings Program.

These Medicare Savings Programs help people with limited resources and income pay for their Medicare expenses. The Medicare Savings Programs help pay for your Medicare Part B (medical insurance) premiums. For some people, the Medicare Savings Programs also may pay for Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) premiums, if any, and Part A and B deductibles and co-payments. To apply for Extra Help, just complete Social Security’s Application for Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs (Form SSA-1020).

Here’s how:

Apply online;
Call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, to apply over the phone or to request an application; or
Apply at your local Social Security office.

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Tell us Your Experience at This Unemployment Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

State Medicaid – Food Stamp Office Locations

Alabama   Alaska   Arizona   Arkansas   California   Colorado   Connecticut   Delaware   Florida   Georgia   Hawaii   Idaho   Illinois  Indiana   Iowa   Kansas   Kentucky   Louisiana  Maine   Maryland   Massachusetts   Michigan   Minnesota   Mississippi   Missouri   Montana   Nebraska   Nevada   New Hampshire  New Jersey   New Mexico   New York   North Carolina   North Dakota   Ohio   Oklahoma   Oregon   Pennsylvania   Rhode  Island   South  Carolina  South Dakota   Tennessee   Texas   Utah   Vermont   Virginia   Washington  West  Virginia   Wisconsin   Wyoming