I currently have food stamps but they run out on the 10th. I’m a disabled mother, I can’t drive to come there..

Q) I currently have food stamps but they run out on the 10th of this month I’m a disabled mother of 3 teenagers they usually send me a renewal letter in the mail but this time they didn’t I can’t drive to come up there so what should I do we’re going to be starving come the 10th please help

A) I understand that you’re in a difficult situation. Here are some things you can do:

  1. Contact your local food bank or pantry. Food banks and pantries often have food available for people who are struggling to make ends meet. You can find a food bank or pantry near you by visiting the Feeding America website.
  2. Apply for emergency food assistance. Some states offer emergency food assistance to people who are in need. You can find out if your state offers emergency food assistance by visiting the USDA website.
  3. Call 211. 211 is a free service that can connect you with resources in your community, including food banks, pantries, and other assistance programs.
  4. Visit your local social services office. Your local social services office may be able to help you with food assistance, as well as other services such as housing assistance and job training.
  5. Ask for help from friends, family, or neighbors. Let your friends, family, and neighbors know that you’re struggling and see if they can help you out with food or other resources.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.