How can I apply for my MO housing benefits

A) There are different programs and resources available for Missouri residents who need housing assistance. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for one or more of the following:

  • Missouri Mortgage, Rent and Housing Assistance Programs: This is a service of the Missouri Housing Development Commission that provides eviction prevention, mortgage reinstatement, homelessness assistance, and other housing resources. You can visit their website to find out more and apply online.
  • DMH Rental Assistance Program (RAP): This is a state-funded program that can provide one-time assistance to prevent homelessness or help you move into safer and more secure rental housing. You or someone you live with must be getting behavioral health support services from a community behavioral health agency that bills DMH for those services. You can visit their website to see the eligibility criteria and funding status.
  • Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program: This is a federal program that helps low-income households pay for rent in privately owned housing units. You need to apply through your local Public Housing Agency (PHA) and meet the income and household size requirements. You can visit their websites to find out more and locate your nearest PHA.
  • State Assistance for Housing Relief (SAFHR) for Homeowners: This is a program that can provide one-time mortgage reinstatement assistance, paid directly to your loan servicer. You need to meet the income and COVID-19 impact requirements. You can visit their website to see if you qualify and apply online.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.