A) Hi Shawn, I understand your frustration. It can be very stressful to wait for an interview for SNAP benefits, especially when you are not getting any response from the hotline.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Try calling the hotline again at a different time of day. Sometimes the lines are busy during peak hours.
- Try calling the hotline from a different phone number. Sometimes there are technical issues with certain phone numbers.
- Try visiting your local SNAP office in person. You can find the address and hours of operation for your local office on the NYS Department of Social Services website.
- If you are still having trouble getting a response, you can contact the NYS Department of Social Services at 1-888-324-6688.
According to the information I found, you can check the status of your application by going to ACCESS HRA. You will need to re-certify for SNAP once every year. You can also do your interview over the telephone without having to come into a SNAP center. If you have not received a notice or a call from the SNAP office within 30 days of submitting your application, you may want to contact them again or visit one of their locations. You can find the nearest SNAP center and their contact information on the HRA website.
Here are some additional tips for getting through to the SNAP hotline:
- Be patient. The lines can be busy, so it may take some time to get through.
- Be polite and clear. The customer service representatives are there to help you, so be clear about what you need.
- Have your application information ready. This will help the customer service representative to process your request more quickly.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.