KETCHIKAN MEDICAID DISTRICT OFFICE
2030 Sea Level Dr., Suite 301
Ketchikan, AK 99901
Phone (907) 225-2135, (1-800-478-2135)
Fax (907) 247-2135
Medicaid Office Directions From Down Town Ketchikan
Head northwest on Main St toward Dock St
Take the 2nd left onto Grant St
Turn right onto Water St
Slight left onto Tongass Ave
Turn left onto Sea Level Dr
Ketchikan AK Medicaid – Food Stamp – Welfare Office Programs
- Welfare Programs
- Adult Public Assistance
- Child Care & Welfare
- Chronic and Acute Medical Assistance
- Denali KidCare
- Family Nutrition
- Food Stamps
- General Relief Assistance
- Heating Assistance
- Medicaid Program
- Senior Benefits
- Temporary Assistance
Ketchikan AK Medicaid – Food Stamp – Welfare Office administrates your local program under Alaska State guidelines. Medicaid provides health care for low income people. Welfare programs (TANF) give assistance to those who have little or no income. While Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Stamps helps low-income families buy food.
Ketchikan AK Medicaid/Food Stamp/Welfare Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: Medicaid offices are sometimes crowded. You must understand that in this economy there are many people in need of medicaid, food stamp and welfare benefits. So be patient, you will be seen.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local Medicaid office, if you are late you will have to wait. the best way to avoid the long lines, so get to the office early.
- Bring a snack: If you have kids with you, they may get hungry so bring a snack. You don’t want to miss your name being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Keep a Cool Head: With lots of people at the local medicaid/food stamp office waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that medicaid office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along.
Locate another Medicaid/Food Stamp/Welfare Office near Ketchikan AK