Here is some information about the WIC program and state contacts:
What is WIC?
WIC stands for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. It is a federal program that provides food, nutrition education, and breastfeeding support to low-income pregnant women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5.
Who is eligible for WIC?
To be eligible for WIC, you must meet certain income and nutritional requirements. You may also be eligible if you are a member of a certain group, such as a Native American or Alaskan Native.
What benefits does WIC provide?
WIC provides food vouchers that can be used to purchase healthy foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and milk. WIC also provides nutrition education and breastfeeding support.
How do I apply for WIC?
You can apply for WIC at your local WIC office. To find your local WIC office, you can visit the WIC website or call 1-800-942-WIC (942-9422).
Here are some state contacts for WIC:
- Alabama: https://dhr.alabama.gov/
- Alaska: https://dhss.alaska.gov/
- Arizona: https://azdhs.gov/
- Arkansas: https://dhs.arkansas.gov/
- California: https://cdph.ca.gov/
- Colorado: https://colorado.gov/pacific/cdhs/wic
- Connecticut: https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/WIC
- Delaware: https://dhss.delaware.gov/
- Florida: https://floridahealth.gov/wic/
- Georgia: https://dhr.georgia.gov/
- Hawaii: https://health.hawaii.gov/wic/
- Idaho: https://dhw.idaho.gov/wic/
- Illinois: https://www.dhs.illinois.gov/
- Indiana: https://in.gov/boah/wic/
- Iowa: https://idph.iowa.gov/wic/
- Kansas: https://kdheks.gov/wic/
- Kentucky: https://kydhs.ky.gov/wic/
- Louisiana: https://ldh.la.gov/
- Maine: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/wic/
- Maryland: https://dhmh.maryland.gov/
- Massachusetts: https://www.mass.gov/wic/
- Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/wic/
- Minnesota: https://mn.gov/dhs/residents-info/health/wic/
- Mississippi: https://mdh.ms.gov/
- Missouri: https://dhss.mo.gov/
- Montana: https://dli.mt.gov/
- Nebraska: https://dhhs.ne.gov/
- Nevada: https://dhs.nv.gov/
- New Hampshire: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/wic/
- New Jersey: https://www.nj.gov/health/wic/
- New Mexico: https://hs.state.nm.us/wic/
- New York: https://otda.ny.gov/
- North Carolina: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/wic/
- North Dakota: https://nd.gov/dhs/wic/
- Ohio: https://jfs.ohio.gov/dhs/wic/
- Oklahoma: https://okdhs.org/
- Oregon: https://dhso.oregon.gov/
- Pennsylvania: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/
- Rhode Island: https://dhs.ri.gov/
- South Carolina: https://scdhhs.gov/
- South Dakota: https://dhs.sd.gov/wic/
- Tennessee: https://tn.gov/children/wic/
- Texas: https://hhs.texas.gov/wic/
- Utah: https://health.utah.gov/wic/
- Vermont: https://www.healthvermont.gov/wic/
- Virginia: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/wic/
- Washington: https://www.doh.wa.gov/you-and-your-family/wic/
- West Virginia: https://dhhr.wv.gov/
- Wisconsin: https://dhs.wisconsin.gov/wic/
- Wyoming: https://wyo.gov/dhs/wic/