Administration for the Welfare of Children and Families (ACF)
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF) is a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The ACF is responsible for promoting the economic and social well-being of families, children, individuals, and communities through various programs and services.
The ACF administers a wide range of programs that provide assistance to low-income families, children, and youth. Some of the major programs administered by the ACF include:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – Provides financial assistance to low-income families with children.
- Head Start – Provides comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, and parent involvement services to low-income children and their families.
- Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) – Provides funding to states to help low-income families pay for child care services.
- Adoption and Foster Care – Provides support to families who are adopting or fostering children.
- Child Support Enforcement – Helps parents establish and enforce child support orders.
The ACF also provides funding and technical assistance to state and local agencies, non-profit organizations, and other entities that provide services to children, families, and communities.
Overall, the ACF’s mission is to promote the social and economic well-being of individuals, families, and communities by providing financial assistance, support services, and resources to those in need.
The Administration for the Welfare of Children and Families (ACF) is an agency in the Department of Health and Human Services whose mission is to promote the economic and social wellbeing of America’s most vulnerable populations and communities. ACF’s programs serve a wide variety of groups, including individuals and families with low income, refugees, Native Americans, and many others.
Hi,I am interested in learning more about ACF.
I was wondering if you had any job openings? I am currently one semester from my Associate in Human Service Degree and a LPN.
For information on Administration for the Welfare of Children and Families please visit their website at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/. This agency also has local offices for which you can enquire about employment. You can find information about their local offices here http://www.acf.hhs.gov/about/offices