Q) I live n Louisiana & im not living w/my husband. I live in our house(he doesnt live me). I cant work because of my back. he pays all the bills & gives me $200. every 2 weeks to get me some groceries. is there anything yall can do to help me get more groceries in my house.
A) If you are struggling to afford food, you may be eligible for assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which is also known as food stamps.
To apply for SNAP, you can visit the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services website or call their customer service hotline at 1-888-524-3578. You will need to provide information about your income, assets, and expenses in order to determine your eligibility.
In addition to SNAP, there may be other assistance programs available to you based on your individual circumstances. I recommend reaching out to local nonprofit organizations or community groups to see what other resources might be available to you. They may be able to provide additional support for things like groceries or other essential needs.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Order groceries online. There are many websites that allow you to order groceries online and have them delivered to your door. This is a great option if you don’t have time to go to the grocery store or if you have mobility issues.
- Use a grocery delivery service. There are also many companies that offer grocery delivery services. These services typically have a wider selection of groceries than online ordering websites, and they can deliver your groceries right to your door.
- Ask a friend or family member to go grocery shopping for you. If you have a friend or family member who is willing to help, you can ask them to go grocery shopping for you. This is a great option if you’re feeling sick or if you just don’t have the time to go to the grocery store.
- Go to a grocery store that offers curbside pickup. Many grocery stores now offer curbside pickup. This means that you can order your groceries online or over the phone, and then you can pick them up at the store without having to go inside.
- Go to a farmers market. Farmers markets are a great place to find fresh, local produce. They’re also a great way to support your local community.
- Grow your own food. If you have the space, you can grow your own food. This is a great way to save money on groceries and to get fresh, healthy food.
I hope this information is helpful, and I encourage you to explore the resources that may be available to you to help you meet your basic needs.