I’m 21 years old college student with no insurance. Can I get Medicaid?

medicaid_questionQ) I’m 21 years old college student with no insurance. My parents insurance dropped me because I was to old. Can I get Medicaid?

A) Medicaid has made some major changes in some states. You will need to visit/contact your state medicaid office or visit your state medicaid website and view your state requirements and apply for coverage if your qualify.

“The year 2013 was a busy one for both states and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). While focused on implementing new provisions of the Affordable Care Act, states have also been increasingly targeting their attention to delivery system and payment reform. Driven by the nation’s governors working
in their own states and in partnership with each other, new strategies are taking root across the country and states continue to pursue creative strategies to deliver better care at lower cost. CMS has encouraged and supported these efforts with new tools and strategies to improve quality of care and health outcomes for beneficiaries and to promote efficiency and cost effectiveness in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). This report highlights some of those activities, identifies the new tools and resources available to states, and summarizes new opportunities for states to build on their progress and successes.”


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.