I know someone has been abusing food stamp, what do I do about it?

medicaid_questionQ) I know someone who has food stamps that they have been abusing what do I do about it

A) If you suspect someone is illegally receiving public assistance benefits or is illegally using an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card you can Fill out the Fraud Complaint on your state benefit website.

Following are examples of some of the things that people conceal or do not report in order to receive ineligible public assistance benefits:

Someone in the home beginning to work or quitting work
Actual earnings or income of all household members
Self-employment or doing odd jobs without reporting the income
Ownership of property
Money in the bank
Unearned income such as social security, child support, unemployment
compensation or veteran’s benefits for any household members
Everyone living in the home
Someone moving in or out of the home
Receiving assistance in one parish while living in another parish or state
Receiving assistance in more than one parish or state
Changes in a child’s attendance at day care

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.