Brother was just accepted for SS Disability. Can he qualify for Medicaid

Q) My Brother was just accepted for SS Disability. He is age 63. Can he qualify for Medicaid or help with his groceries or anything else. This is new to him & I. I am age 58 & know nothing about all of this. He lives in Granbury Texas & there is a local Medicaid office. Can he go to this office & they help him ?
A) Your brother may qualify for Texas if he has a disability. To be eligible for Texas Medicaid, you must be a resident of the state of Texas, a U.S. national, citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien, in need of health care/insurance assistance, whose financial situation would be characterized as low income or very low income. You must also be one of the following:

Pregnant, or
Be responsible for a child 18 years of age or younger, or
Blind, or
Have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability.
Be 65 years of age or older.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.