February 4, 2023
Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or older, people with certain disabilities, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
If you need help with Medicare, here are a few options:
- Visit the Medicare website: You can find information about Medicare coverage, benefits, and costs on the Medicare website.
- Contact Medicare: You can call Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to get information and assistance.
- Get help from a Medicare representative: You can find a Medicare representative in your area by visiting the Medicare website and clicking on the “Find a Medicare representative” link.
- Consider enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan: Medicare Advantage plans are health plan options that are approved by Medicare and offered by private insurance companies. They can provide additional benefits and lower out-of-pocket costs for some people.
- Seek help from a Medicare counselor: You can get free, unbiased Medicare counseling from your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). You can find your local SHIP by visiting the Medicare website and clicking on the “Get Help with Medicare Costs” link.
It’s important to understand your Medicare coverage and benefits to make informed decisions about your health care. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, you can contact Medicare for more information.