My sons ex took his 3mo old daughter from omaha ne to Ainsworth neto be w her abusive ex bf she dated before him. Now shes wanting to change his daughters last name. She has 3 other kids she doesn’t have custody of. She has supervised visitation with them

A) I’m not a lawyer, but I can offer you some general information that might be helpful in this situation. If you need legal advice, it’s best to consult with a family law attorney who can provide guidance tailored to your specific circumstances.

  1. Child Custody and Visitation: Since your son’s ex took their daughter without his consent and against his wishes, it’s important for your son to establish legal custody and visitation rights. If he wants to have a say in his daughter’s life and decisions, he should consider seeking legal assistance to establish a formal custody arrangement.
  2. Relocation: If the mother moved to a different location without your son’s permission, this could be considered a relocation. Many jurisdictions have laws that require the custodial parent to provide notice and potentially obtain court approval before relocating with a child.
  3. Name Change: Generally, decisions about a child’s name are made jointly by both parents. If the mother wants to change the child’s last name, she might need your son’s consent or court approval, especially if he has legal rights as the father.
  4. Prior Custody Issues: If the mother has lost custody of her other children and has supervised visitation, this might be taken into account when considering custody arrangements for the new child. It could raise concerns about her ability to provide a stable and safe environment.
  5. Legal Assistance: To address these matters properly, your son should consider seeking the help of a family law attorney. They can guide him through the legal process, help him understand his rights, and represent his interests in court if necessary.

Remember, each case is unique, and laws can vary based on jurisdiction. It’s crucial to consult with a legal professional who can provide advice tailored to your son’s specific situation.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.