A) Hi Rachel, I’m sorry to hear that your insurance was cancelled. I can help you with getting it reinstated.
Here are the steps you can take:
- Call the Humana Healthy Horizons customer service number at 1-800-444-7825. Explain that your insurance was cancelled and that you need to have it reinstated.
- Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number
- Your Medicaid ID number (if you have one)
- The reason why your insurance was cancelled
- The date your insurance was cancelled
- The date you submitted your paperwork to the office
- The customer service representative will help you to complete a reinstatement form.
- Once the form is complete, you will need to mail it back to Humana Healthy Horizons.
- Humana Healthy Horizons will review your application and will contact you within 30 days to let you know if your insurance has been reinstated.
If you are still having trouble getting your insurance reinstated, you can contact the Kentucky Department for Community-Based Services (DCBS) at 1-855-459-6328.
Here are some additional tips for getting your insurance reinstated:
- Be persistent. Don’t give up if you don’t get a resolution right away.
- Be polite and patient. The customer service representatives are there to help you.
- Keep a record of all of your correspondence with Humana Healthy Horizons and the DCBS. This will help you if you need to appeal the decision to cancel your insurance.