Q) We moved from new jersey To San Antonio TX and my kids Medicare expires on July and i want to apply for local Medicaid.
A) To apply for Medicaid in San Antonio, you can do the following:
- Apply online at Your Texas Benefits.
- Call 2-1-1 toll-free Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Central Time.
- Print or request a paper form and submit it by mail.
- Go to a Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) benefits office near you. Find one by calling 2-1-1 or visiting the Find an Office page.
- Visit a community partner near you.
You can also apply for Medicaid in person at any Texas HHS benefits office. To find the nearest office, you can visit the Find an Office page or call 2-1-1.
When you apply for Medicaid, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, and Social Security number
- Your address
- Your income
- The income of your household members
- The number of people in your household
- The names of your children
- The dates of birth of your children
- Any other information that Texas HHS may request
If you are approved for Medicaid, you will receive a Medicaid card in the mail. This card will allow you to see a doctor or other health care provider who participates in the Medicaid program.
You can find more information about Medicaid in Texas on the Texas HHS website.