Q) Does Medicaid have a list of senior approved, transportation services for medical appointments? My mother lives in El Paso Tx 79915 area.
A) Yes, Medicaid does have a list of senior approved, transportation services for medical appointments. In El Paso, TX, the transportation service is called Access2Care. You can call them at 1-844-572-8196 to request a ride. They offer a variety of transportation options, including public transportation, taxi or van service, and commercial transit. You can also get money to purchase gas if you need to drive yourself.
Here are the steps on how to request a ride from Access2Care:
- Call Access2Care toll-free at 1-844-572-8196 at least two workdays before your appointment or five days before the appointment if it is outside your county.
- Provide the following information to the Access2Care representative:
- Your name and date of birth
- Your Medicaid ID number
- The date and time of your appointment
- The name and address of your appointment location
- Any other special needs you may have
- The Access2Care representative will schedule a ride for you.
NEMT and Where’s My Ride? services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
For information on Senior Transportation Services in Texas – According to Texas Department Of Aging and Disability Services “If you don’t have a car or can’t drive, you can get a ride to your doctor visits. You may also get a ride if you need to visit the dentist, drug store, grocery store, senior center or any place you get Medicaid services.” visit for more information.