Q) I am living in the state of Washington and currently receiving food stamps here. I will be relocating to Killeen Texas on September 25,2015 and I was wondering what do I need to do to either transfer my case or reapply for food service and medical for my family.
A) You cannot transfer your food stamps case from Washington to Texas. You will need to reapply for food stamps in Texas. You can apply for food stamps online, by mail, or in person at your local Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) office.
When you apply for food stamps in Texas, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your name, address, and date of birth
- The names and ages of all members of your household
- Your income and expenses
- Proof of your residency in Texas
You can find more information about how to apply for food stamps in Texas on the Texas HHS website.
You can also call the Texas HHS food stamps hotline at 1-800-375-7328 for more information.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- The income eligibility limits for food stamps in Texas are different than the income eligibility limits in Washington. You can find more information about the income eligibility limits for food stamps in Texas on the Texas HHS website.
- You may have to meet certain work requirements to qualify for food stamps in Texas. You can find more information about the work requirements for food stamps in Texas on the Texas HHS website.
- You must report any changes in your income or household size to your food stamps provider. You can do this by phone, mail, or in person.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.