I am 62 yrs old and recently moved to Denton, Tx. I suffer from severe depression, work part-time due to condition. would I be eligible for medicaid

Q) I am 62 yrs old and recently moved to Denton, Tx.. I will soon lose my health care benefits as of the first of the year through my ex -husband’s retirement plan. I have moved into an apartment and am looking for a job. My question is: would I be eligible for medicad, as I can only work part-time due to physical and mental problems. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, making it hard to hold down a job. I do not qualify for social security disability, as I have not paid enough in. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

A) I understand that you are in a difficult situation. Losing your health insurance can be stressful, and it is important to have health insurance to cover the costs of medical care.

The good news is that you may be eligible for Medicaid. Medicaid is a government program that provides health insurance to low-income individuals and families. The eligibility requirements for Medicaid vary from state to state, but you may be eligible if your income is below a certain level.

To apply for Medicaid, you can go to your state’s Medicaid website or call your state’s Medicaid hotline. You can also apply for Medicaid in person at your local Department of Human Services office.

When you apply for Medicaid, you will need to provide information about your income, household size, and other factors. You will also need to provide proof of your identity and residency.

If you are approved for Medicaid, you will receive a card in the mail that you can use to get health care services. Medicaid covers a wide range of health care services, including doctor’s visits, hospital stays, and prescription drugs.

In Texas, you may qualify for Medicaid if you meet the following criteria:

  • You are a U.S. citizen or legal resident
  • You have limited income and resources
  • You are a child, pregnant woman, parent, or caretaker of a child
  • You have a disability or a chronic medical condition

You can find more information about Medicaid eligibility in Texas on the Texas Health and Human Services website.

You can also call the Texas Health and Human Services Medicaid hotline at 1-800-252-8339 for more information.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.