As an international student with F1 Visa… My income is less than 15000$ per year. Does my daughter get medicaid?

Q) Hello there. I have moved to Terre Haute, Indiana as an international student with F1 Visa along with my daughter with F2 visa. She is 13 months old. My income is less than 15000$ per year. Does she get Medicaid facilities?

A) Whether or not your daughter is eligible for Medicaid will depend on a few factors, including your state of residence and your family’s income.

As an international student with an F1 visa, you may be ineligible for Medicaid coverage, but your daughter may still be eligible if she meets the eligibility criteria in your state. Generally, Medicaid eligibility is based on income, household size, and other factors such as age, disability status, and pregnancy.

You can check the Medicaid eligibility requirements in your state by visiting the website of the state’s Medicaid agency or by calling their customer service hotline. You can find contact information for your state’s Medicaid agency on the Medicaid website at

In some states, children may be eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) based on their household income, regardless of their parents’ immigration status. However, eligibility rules vary by state and program, so it’s important to check the specific requirements in your state.

If your daughter is not eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, you may want to explore other options for affordable health insurance for her, such as enrolling her in a low-cost private insurance plan or seeking out free or low-cost healthcare services in your community.

I hope this information is helpful. Good success to you and your daughter.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.