Find your local Medicaid, Food Stamp & Welfare Office here!

I have a special needs son on Medicaid in Louisiana, How do I transfer his Medicaid to Alaska?

Q) I have a special needs son on Medicaid in Louisiana that is moving to sitka to live with us. How do i transfer his Medicaid from Louisiana to sitka, Alaska?

A) With Medicaid each state evaluates its applicants independently from each other state. While Medicaid is often thought of as a federal program, each state is given the flexibility to set their own eligibility requirements. Therefore, if you wish to transfer your son’s coverage you must re-apply for Medicaid in the new state.


Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

State Medicaid – Food Stamp Office Locations

Alabama   Alaska   Arizona   Arkansas   California   Colorado   Connecticut   Delaware   Florida   Georgia   Hawaii   Idaho   Illinois  Indiana   Iowa   Kansas   Kentucky   Louisiana  Maine   Maryland   Massachusetts   Michigan   Minnesota   Mississippi   Missouri   Montana   Nebraska   Nevada   New Hampshire  New Jersey   New Mexico   New York   North Carolina   North Dakota   Ohio   Oklahoma   Oregon   Pennsylvania   Rhode  Island   South  Carolina  South Dakota   Tennessee   Texas   Utah   Vermont   Virginia   Washington  West  Virginia   Wisconsin   Wyoming