I’m writing to see how do I get a child transferred to a different state that’s on Medicaid.
Q) I’m writing to see how do I get a child transferred to a different state that’s on Medicaid. My niece has stayed she doesn’t have Tanners Social security card. Tanner has been living with me since March 29th 2018. I can’t get him on Medicaid with out his Social security card.
I’m need help. The medicaid office is: The Mississippi Division of Medicaid
A) I understand that you are trying to get your nephew Tanner on Medicaid in a different state. I am happy to help you with this process.
The first step is to contact the Medicaid office in the state where you live. They will be able to tell you what documentation you need to provide in order to enroll Tanner in Medicaid.
In addition to his Social Security card, you will also need to provide the following documentation:
- Proof of your relationship to Tanner, such as a birth certificate or court order
- Proof of Tanner’s residency in your state, such as a utility bill or lease agreement
- Proof of Tanner’s income and assets
Once you have gathered all of the required documentation, you can submit it to the Medicaid office. They will review your application and determine if Tanner is eligible for Medicaid.
If Tanner is approved for Medicaid, you will receive a Medicaid card in the mail. This card will allow Tanner to see doctors and receive other health care services.
Here are some additional tips for transferring a child to Medicaid in a different state:
- Start the process as soon as possible. The application process can take several months, so it is best to start the process as soon as possible.
- Be patient. The application process can be complicated, so be patient and be prepared to provide the required documentation.
- Contact the Medicaid office if you have any questions. The Medicaid office can help you with the application process and answer any questions you may have.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.