Moving from Connecticut to Nevada in 6 months. How do I apply for same medicaid benefits

Q) I have a disabled sister who has Cerebral Palsy wheel chair bound we reside in Bridgeport Connecticut at the present moment. We will be moving to Henderson Nevada within 6 months. She needs help to go to the bathroom, bathe, to put to sleep etc, etc. how do I apply so she can get the same benefits she has at the present moment in Connecticut. She gets CNA 7 days a week 365 days a year Husky(Mcaid), food stamps etc. should I apply now or should I start the process once I reside in Herdeson – I did all this in Connecticut 47 years ago now everything is different. Hoping to hear from you!!

A) Each state manages their Medicaid and other social service benefits differently. You will need to apply for benefits after you have moved to Nevada. To apply for Nevada Medicaid, you will need to download application, complete it, and send it to Welfare Office or hand it over at your local Welfare Office. You can also mail application. Here is how to get the application form:

Click here to begin your application.
You can also get a copy of the necessary forms from your local welfare office.
Once you have the application form, you will have to complete it and attach proof of your income and other documents supporting your credentials. You will be required to provide details about persons living in your household.

After you have submitted your application, you will be informed within 45 days of the decision. If you qualify for the program, you will be get insurance from the month you applied for the program.

If you application is rejected due to financial requirements, you can apply whenever you meet the financial requirements. In case, you application was rejected due to another reason (not providing supporting documents etc), you can apply again at any time you like.

Eligibility Requirements
In order to qualify for Nevada Medicaid, you will be required to provide your financial status. If your financial status is judged to be within the eligibility limits of the program i.e. financially needy, you will be enrolled in the program.

Children, families with low income, disabled, pregnant women, and persons above the age of 65 will usually qualify once they meet income eligibility. Children can also qualify for Medicaid program after they prove to be within the income limits for the program.

Division of Welfare and Supportive Services caseworker will evaluate your eligibility after getting information from you. The caseworker will work with you and independently, as needed, to evaluate your case and eligibility.

Disabled children living in home and people living in nursing homes have some special rules of eligibility. These rules are meant to provide certain relaxation to applicants in these categories.

In order to go through smoothly with the eligibility determination, you should inform the provider about your health insurance, if you have any. You will also be required to inform provider about any health insurance you had in the last five months.

If you have insurance, you will be to receive Medicaid benefits in most cases. However, the program will require your insurance to pay medical expenses first. It will pay what is left after your primary insurance program has paid. Usually, Nevada Medicaid will only be paying half of the amount in case you have another insurance but meet all the requirements and qualify for Medicaid program.

You will be required to be a resident of state of Nevada and a U.S citizen. Legal aliens, asylees, and certain types of immigrants can also qualify for the Nevada Medicaid. Source:


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.