Trying to get a hold of a caseworker I applied online needing emergency food stamps
A) I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble getting in touch with a caseworker in New Mexico to apply for emergency food stamps. Here are a few options that might help:
- Call the New Mexico Human Services Department’s customer service line at 1-800-283-4465. They may be able to connect you with a caseworker or provide guidance on how to apply for emergency food stamps.
- Visit your local Human Services Department office in person. You can find the location of your nearest office by visiting the following website: https://www.hsd.state.nm.us/Local_Offices.aspx
- Try reaching out to a local food bank or other community organization that provides food assistance. They may be able to help you navigate the application process or connect you with a caseworker who can assist you.
Here are some other ways to get a hold of a NM caseworker:
- Call the New Mexico Human Services Department at 1-800-432-4433. This is the main number for the department, and you should be able to speak to a caseworker directly.
- Visit a local Human Services office. You can find a list of offices on the department’s website. When you arrive at the office, you will need to fill out a form and provide some basic information. A caseworker will then be assigned to your case.
- Use the online portal. The New Mexico Human Services Department has an online portal that you can use to apply for benefits, check your status, and communicate with your caseworker. You can access the portal on the department’s website.
If you are applying for emergency food stamps, you will need to provide proof of your income and expenses. You may also need to provide proof of your identity and residency. You can find more information about the application process on the New Mexico Human Services Department website.
If you are unable to get a hold of a caseworker, you can also try contacting your local food bank or soup kitchen. They may be able to provide you with emergency food assistance.
I hope one of these options works for you and that you’re able to receive the emergency food stamps you need.