A) Unfortunately, I can’t directly cancel your Medi-Cal or Medicaid enrollment or deactivate your VSP account. These are sensitive actions that require your personal information and verification to proceed securely. However, I can guide you through the process and provide the necessary resources to handle each issue separately.
Cancelling Medi-Cal and Medicaid enrollment:
- Contact your local county Medi-Cal office. This is the official and recommended way to cancel your enrollment. They can verify your information and complete the necessary paperwork.
- You can find your local county office contact information on the official Medi-Cal website: https://www.healthcareoptions.dhcs.ca.gov/
- You can also call the Medi-Cal Member Services line at 1-800-543-2273.
Deactivating your VSP account:
- Contact your employer’s benefits administrator. They handle changes to your benefits enrollment, including deactivating your VSP account.
- Explain the situation and mention that your active Medicaid account is causing issues with your VSP enrollment.
- They may require some documentation, such as proof of your canceled Medi-Cal or Medicaid enrollment.
Here are some additional resources that may be helpful:
Important things to remember:
- There may be consequences to cancelling your Medi-Cal or Medicaid enrollment. Make sure you fully understand the implications before proceeding.
- You may need to pay for coverage between the time you cancel your Medi-Cal or Medicaid enrollment and the time you activate your VSP account.
- Consider other options available to you for health insurance. Covered California may offer affordable plans that meet your needs.
I hope this information helps!