Q) i have lost my Medicaid card how do i get another card
A) You can get a replacement Medicaid card by contacting your state’s Medicaid agency. You can find contact information for your state’s Medicaid agency on the website of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Here are the steps on how to get a replacement Medicaid card:
- Contact your state’s Medicaid agency. You can do this by calling the Medicaid hotline, visiting your local Medicaid office, or emailing your state’s Medicaid agency.
- Provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your Medicaid ID number
- The date your card was lost or stolen
- The reason you need a replacement card
- The Medicaid agency will issue you a replacement card. The card will be mailed to you in the mail.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- You should request a replacement card as soon as possible after you lose your card.
- You should report any changes in your income or household size to the Medicaid agency.
- You should contact the Medicaid agency if you have any questions about getting a replacement card.