Find your local Medicaid, Food Stamp & Welfare Office here!

I am 24 years old. Unemployed. Diagnosed with a permanent medical. Can I get medicaid?

Q) I am 24 years old. Unemployed, under my parents insurance. I was in the intensive care unit for several days. Diagnosed with a permanent medical condition. Would I be able to get assistance with my medical through Medicaid?

A) If you are “Medically Needy” you may qualify for medicaid. States have the option to establish a “medically needy program” for individuals with significant health needs. Federal law requires states to cover certain groups of individuals. Low-income families, qualified pregnant women and children, and individuals receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI. States have additional options for coverage and may choose to cover other groups, such as individuals receiving home and community-based services and children in foster care who are not otherwise eligible.

It is very important that you apply for medicaid to determine your eligibility. If you are denied medicaid coverage you have the right to appeal ad request a hearing. States must provide individuals the opportunity to request a fair hearing regarding a denial, an action taken by the state agency that he or she believes was erroneous, or if the state has not acted with reasonable promptness. States have options for how to structure their appeals processes. Appeals may be conducted by the Medicaid agency or delegated to the Exchange or Exchange Appeals Entity (for appeals of denials of eligibility for individuals whose income is determined based on MAGI).

2 Responses to I am 24 years old. Unemployed. Diagnosed with a permanent medical. Can I get medicaid?

  1. My daughter lives with her father and I, we live on a fixed income Katelyn Thomas (our daughter) has OCD. PTSD, social anxiety disorder,depression, and anxiety. She has a knot in her left shoulder, a d a Dr. app.Dec.4 to a biopsy. She has no money, no insurance. HELP

  2. Please apply online for Medicaid for your daughter. Medicaid a medical assistance program that provides low-income families with access to free and low-cost medical care. All states have online access to medicaid application portal.

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

State Medicaid – Food Stamp Office Locations

Alabama   Alaska   Arizona   Arkansas   California   Colorado   Connecticut   Delaware   Florida   Georgia   Hawaii   Idaho   Illinois  Indiana   Iowa   Kansas   Kentucky   Louisiana  Maine   Maryland   Massachusetts   Michigan   Minnesota   Mississippi   Missouri   Montana   Nebraska   Nevada   New Hampshire  New Jersey   New Mexico   New York   North Carolina   North Dakota   Ohio   Oklahoma   Oregon   Pennsylvania   Rhode  Island   South  Carolina  South Dakota   Tennessee   Texas   Utah   Vermont   Virginia   Washington  West  Virginia   Wisconsin   Wyoming