My daughter has been living with me and I would love to have her be enrolled with my insurance

Q) Hello, my question to say and ask is as of August 15th {this year, 2022} my daughter has been living with me and I would love to have her be enrolled with my insurance after moving from another state. I reside In Las Vegas, she moved down from Bremerton, WA and is academically active at her new school she been attending since 2nd week of school. How do I come about resolving this issue at hand??.

A) If your daughter has recently moved to Las Vegas and is now living with you, you may be able to add her to your insurance plan. The process for adding a dependent to your insurance plan can vary depending on the type of insurance you have and the state you live in, so it’s important to check with your insurance provider for specific instructions.

Generally, you will need to provide the following documents:

  • Proof of your daughter’s residency in the state of Nevada
  • Proof of your relationship with your daughter such as a birth certificate or adoption papers
  • Proof of your daughter’s enrollment in school
  • And any other documents that your insurance provider may require

It’s a good idea to contact your insurance provider directly to inquire about the process for adding your daughter to your insurance plan and to ask about any specific requirements and deadlines that may apply. Additionally, it’s important to know that there are open enrollment periods for most insurance providers and plans, which may affect your ability to add your daughter to your plan.

You can also check with the school or school district to see if they have a health insurance program or a school-based health center that you can enroll her. In addition, you can check with the Nevada Medicaid program for the possibility of enrolling her in their program.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.