A) To activate your Lone Star Card, you can call the Lone Star Help Desk at 800-777-7328. The help desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When you call, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your Lone Star Card number
- Your date of birth
- The last four digits of your Social Security number
You will also be asked to create a personal identification number (PIN). Your PIN must be four digits long. Choose a PIN that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
Once you have activated your card, you can use it to purchase eligible SNAP or TANF items at most grocery stores and other retailers. To use your card, simply swipe it through the store’s machine and enter your PIN.
Here are some additional tips for activating and using your Lone Star Card:
- Sign the back of your card as soon as you receive it.
- Do not write your PIN on your card or keep it with your card.
- Do not share your PIN with anyone.
- If you forget your PIN, you can call the Lone Star Help Desk to have it reset.
- You can check your Lone Star Card balance online or by calling the Lone Star Help Desk.
- You can also use the Lone Star Card mobile app to check your balance and view your recent transactions.
If you have any questions or problems activating or using your Lone Star Card, please contact the Lone Star Help Desk at 800-777-7328.